Saturday, June 25, 2011

A Sprinkle of the Rainbow: A Rainbowcy Chapter Two part one

A Sprinkle of the Rainbow
A Rainbowcy
Chapter Two part one
Autumn Salad; pretty much one of the only things with color I can use in this house. Its also the only thing I eat, which has started to lose its 'greatness'.
That night started out like every night. Make my salad, eat, then sit in front of my black-and-white-colored T.V. until I'm ready to go to bed.
Life's a routine, but I've always wanted to break that routine, get out of the house without people whispering about how sorry they are for me, or just flinching at the site of my colorless being.
I had heard that a new person had moved into town a couple of days ago, and it was my luck that he moved in right next to me. Becuase I'm a nice person and a great neighbor (if I actually had a chance to be) I decided that I would introduce myself to this new neighbor of mine, no matter how emabarressing it might be on my part.
As soon as I rang the doorbell, I regretted it. I didn't want the door to slam in my face. I didn't want to be yelled at to get off they're property. I wanted to be wanted.
But that would never happened. I turned around and started to leave.
"Um, is this supposed to be a joke or something? Doorbell ditch? Because I think you're a little too old for it, and you're not doing it very well either."
I froze, and I could feel my cheeks burning, and my head was pounding. So this was what bluching felt like. Weird.
I turned around slowly.
If I said my new neighbor wasn't handsome at all, I'd be lying, big time. But he was still waiting for me to answer him.
"Oh, uh, I thought I'd drop in and say hi, but then I thought you wouldn't want to meet a White the first couple of days you're here so I was going to go home but now I see that it looks like a prank and..." I was rambling, and he was smiling at me with an eyebrow raised. "I took a deep breath, "My name is Freesia"
He smiled wider and shook my hand, "I'm Forrest. Would you like to come in?"
"Uh... sure."
I followed Forrest inside and politely closed the door behind me.
When I turned back around, he had a slightly surprised look on his face. It wasn't mean, it wans't shock, it was just surprise.
"Something wrong?" I asked defensively.
Forrest murmurred something unintelligable, then asked calmy, "Where's all your color?"
I knew this would happen. He was going to kick me out of his house because I was a White, a freak, asking me never to talk to or even look at him again. Trust me, its happened before.
"I don't have any," I explained simply, "I'm a White."
Confusion was painted across Forrest's face, "I'm sorry, a what?"
"A White."
"What is a White?"
"You really don't know what a White is?"
Forrest shook his head.
"We're colorless people. We're rare and bring disgrace to our family's. You really don't know what a White is?"
"Well, by your- helpful- discription, your kind does sound familier. But every- um, White, that's ever been born has made a new family, a legacy. White's shouldn't be a disgrace, they should be heroes." Forrest told me.
I stared at him, frozen in shock. White's weren't freaks, pests, digraces where he came from? They were beautiful people who started families that lasted generations? They were miracles who created everlasting legacies?
I needed that life. I needed to show my town that White's are equals and I knew just the way to do it.
Nothing was goign to stand in my way to make sure White's were treated fairly.

7 comments:

  1. AWW Yay Forrest! I like him, let's keep him! ;) EQUALITY FOR ALL! ♥ Great chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everybody likes him! Good :P

    And you guys aren't the only evil ones, just gotta say it XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'd never guess but...I LOVE IT! :D
    Freesia better get her paws on Forest as fast as she can otherwise he'll be mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forrest is UBER hot! I am so glad he accepts Freesia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE IT! And at fist-sorry it's an impulse- i thought Forest had teal hair :P But he's still very * emphasis on the very* hot, and he's just made Freesia feel better about herself.

    Can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah I loved this chapter, and I agree with aspenchronicles, Equality for all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Jackie LOL I'd never guess.
    Eh, you won't want him soon enough ;)

    @Twilight So does she <3

    @Aila TEAL HAIR? XD I'll try to have one out today :)

    @Serendipity Haha thanks!

    ReplyDelete