Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Sprinkle of the Rainbow: A Rainbowcy: Intro

A Sprinkle of the Rainbow:
A Rainbowcy
Introduction
"A White? We gave birth to a WHITE?!" my father had snarled.
"No, I gave birth to a White." Mother was tired. My birth lasted the whole night, and then she had the disappointment of bringing me home, a White.
"Oh, so you think this is funny?"
"No I-"
"WHY? What did we do to deserve this? Its not funny! Its a disgrace!" my father was losing his temper, I was crying.
Mother tried to put a comforting hand on my father's shoulder, but he jerked back, venom visible in his eyes.
"It's- it's not my fault we had a White honey. This shouldn't be a burden to us. It should make us stronger. Look at her. She's your daughter."
Mom picked me up off of the floor. "Her name is Freesia."
Dad studied me carefully, and for a long time. "She looks nothing like me. She resembles you perfectly." He finally concluded.
Mom nodded her head excitedly, "We could learn to love her, I already have! All we need to do is accept her, she's only a White. We need to give her a chance!"
Dad didn't seem to hear Mom talking, "Which is why she won't remember me."
"Wh-what?" Mom stuttered.
All of a sudden, Dad exploded. "You heard me! I'm leaving! I can't live in shame because of her!"
He pointed a fiinger in my face. "I'm leaving!"
"B-but you're coming back right?"
"Don't you get it? We're through! I thought you could give me a normal child! But I guess I was wrong. I'm leaving. Today. Right now. Good-bye."
"Don't try to stop me."
And with that, my father walked out of that door, out of my mom's life. Out of my life.
Of course I didn't understand what happened, I was really little. Naturally I broke down crying in my mother's arms, screaming for 'Daddy to come back.' But he never did, and my mom was standing there, staring outside the window, a blank look on her face.
Eventually she managed to put me down in my crib. We spent the rest of that night, in sorrow-filled silence.
~Later That Night~
"I'm so sorry. I had too."

6 comments:

  1. Intriguing...
    I'm bookmarking :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. :O Is all i can say. :O

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALSO. How did you get the page counter thing at the top of your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Cooklez
    Thank you!

    @twilight That's good right? X)
    Um, when you're editing your blog, you click on 'add a gadget' then click on 'blog's stats'.
    It should be the third one :)

    ReplyDelete